Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ms. Global United ~ Rose Russo

I can't believe the pageant is approaching so quickly! This year has been such a wonderful experience. While I am looking forward to meet all of the wonderful contestants and the fabulous woman who will continue the title for the 2012-2013 year, I am sad this year is coming to a close. Working with the director, Wendy Lindberg, is an amazing experience. She is an extraordinary director and a true friend. The women I met and worked with through the pageant were wonderful, and many of them have become life-long friends. This year I have participated in a variety of walks including Relay for Life, Bark for Life, Race for a Cure, and Little Heart Warriors. I have also been working with the E Street Cruisers & Loma Linda Children’s Hospital. It has been such an exciting year! So far the most exciting adventure was going to Minnesota for the Isaac’s Journey Chili Feed! I enjoyed spending time with some of this year’s contestants and seeing people come together for such a great cause. I had the joy of serving drinks at this event. I have never seen so many people drink chocolate milk! I was the “California girl” who came up for this event, so maybe it is a Minnesota thing…lol… The live auction was amazing to see and there were so many prizes, it was a truly amazing experience! Can’t wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment