Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'M SO EXCITED, AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!

These past 10 months of being Mrs. United States Global have been extremely rewarding because I have been able to work side by side with dignitaries and other movers and shakers throughout my community. I’ve seen familiar faces, made new contacts, and changed the lives of those around me forever through the events such as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Speakers Movement, Hope Group for Autism, Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk, Phoenix Heart Walk, American Heart Association, Take Back the Night, Grand Canyon University, Brain Injury Association of Arizona, Keogh Health Connection, Jeremy Bridges Foundation, Bostrom High School, the Tonya Allen Foundation and the numerous feeding the homeless events. I am thankful that this pageant has fine tuned my public speaking abilities and has boosted my overall confidence. Not only that, as Mrs. United States Global 2012 numerous doors has opened with countless possibilities and introduced me to new friends that I know will last a lifetime. To those of you just joining the family, know that this is a family where you will always belong no matter the road it takes us on. You will learn valuable lessons that will shape who you become, and make amazing friends and everlasting memories along the way. You never know what you can do or who you can be if you are too scared to try; so give yourself a pat on the back for taking this chance, because it might just turn out to be the best year of your life. The experience is what you make it; I jumped into my title whole heartedly and have completed hundreds of hours of community service and although crazy at times, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. I will forever have a permanent smile knowing that I’m making a difference within my community and I’m making memories that will be forever etched into my mind. I want to thank the fabulous director, Mrs. Wendy Lindberg, for taking her time to successfully organize this amazing pageant and our participation at all of the community events that we will embark upon pageant week. Without her dedicated support this pageant would not be the great program that it will be for years to come. Best of luck to all the contestants competing and remember to just enjoy every minute, laugh A LOT, rock the stage, and BE YOURSELF! Blessings to ALL of you! xoxo Tonya Denise Allen Mrs. United States Global 2012

1 comment: