Thursday, July 5, 2012

GREETINGS FROM MRS. IOWA

I am honored and excited to represent married women as Mrs. Iowa Global United! My husband Joe and I have 5 children and 6 dogs. We are both Veterans of the Army, we grew up with parents & 13 other family members who also served our country. This pageant has offered me countless opportunities!! It has helped me rebuild my self esteem lost by being fired. I lost my job a few years ago as a single Mother because I had to care for my kids when they were ill and my Mother has Alzheimer's. She was hospitilized for several weeks after receiving poor care at her nursing home. We almost lost her!! She became my priority and I was punished for it. Pageantry has also allowed me to continue serving my country and has inspired my platform - Voice For Veterans. I have seen firsthand how serving your country can change your life and your families. As Mrs. Iowa, I encourage communities to support our Vets, Soldiers & their families in response to deployments, past and present. My platform is a way to give back to those who provide the freedoms we enjoy. I cannot begin to tell you how this has changed my life!! I am blessed to have the opportunity to change others lives…. I am an advocate for Wounded Warriors, English River Outfitters, Honor Flight, Cedar Vally Outfitters,community Stand Downs supporting homeless Vets, and the American Legion of which I am in the Auxillary. I serve on the Army Community Advisory Board and with the Military Affairs Association. I have helped send 100s of boxes to deployed troops, I visit vets at the VA Hospitals, golf with blind and disabled vets. I teach people of all ages what it means to support our military by speaking at events of all kinds. I teach kids and adults the importance of writing letter to the soldiers and vets. The best thing I do…is thanking the vets myself! I share hugs, smiles and stories. I remind them they ARE important and that their sacrifices were worth it. I never leave an event without feeling like a made a difference in someone else’s life and to me, that is what it means to be a pageant titleholder…..Using your gifts to help others. Outside of my military platform, I volunteer with the United Way, Christian Business Leaders, Girl Scouts, Alzheimer's Association, schools, 4H groups, chaperone pageants, support childhood cancer awareness and help raise money at fundraisers for families of these tiny heroes. I attend any event in which I can offer a helping hand and be an example and leader. I believe with all my heart…I CAN and DO make a difference! I look forward to every day and love being Mrs. Iowa Global United where I can be an example to all ages to follow the dreams in your heart, no matter how old you are. I cannot wait until Nationals!! This pageant is filled with women who share my desire to serve others, I can't think of a better place to find many new best friends!!! Good luck to eveyone.....may God place this amazing opportunity into the hands of the one He has prepared. Until we all meet...... HUGS to ALL from MRS. IOWA!!

1 comment: