Thursday, January 2, 2014

Danielle Enberg -- Miss Global United 2013-14

Where do I even begin?  I have had the title of Miss Global United for about 5 months now, and have made so many memories.  I started off with a bang with 6 appearances in my first week!  I have gotten to volunteer at many different events from judging a talent show, to a breast cancer walk, and numerous events to help raise funds for childhood cancer research. 

One event that sticks out in my mind was when I (and several of my queen sisters) was part of the Largest Clouds Choir to honor Zach Sobiech.  5,000 singers filled the rotunda at the Mall of America to sing Zach’s World famous song.  You can see the video on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLhUS_QjcZY

I was also honored to receive the award as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Minnesotans by the Minnesota Jaycees.  I got to join alumni of very high caliber people such as Walter Mondale, Governor Mark Dayton, and KARE 11 meteorologist Belinda Jensen.  I was nominated because of my dedication to advocating for childhood cancer. 















I cannot wait to see what the rest of my year has in store for me. 

Until next time,
Danielle Enberg

Miss Global United 2013-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment