Sunday, July 13, 2014

DJ Chivis Sr. Ms. Global United 2013/2014


DJ Chivis - Sr. Ms. Global United 2013/2014
I write this last blog with a tear in my eye as well as excitement.  The excitement is that in just a few days, I will see all of my 2013/2014 pageants queens.  I will be part of coaching delegates during pageant festivities as well as participate in crowning the new class of queens!

The tear in my eye is my last appearances being your Sr. Ms. Global United.  It was a wonderful year, and Wendy Lindberg is a great pageant Director.  To kick off the week and subsequent crowning, we received a memorable pageant week with plenty of food, outstanding activities, wonderful surprises and prizes and Wendy’s awesome support!

I will cherish my title forever and I am sad that the crown will retire because it is the most beautiful ever! The Kids Cancer insignia in the very center of the crown hit close to my heart. Kids cancer is the most devastating illness to deal with, because it takes so many forms, and these are just kids!  Let’s pray there are cures in our lifetime.

I was part of Linc Rock the Block festival, and walked in the Hollyhock 4th of July parade side by side my daughter, County Commissioner Candace Chivis (D-17th District) who is running for re-election next month.  I also took some photos with neighborhood girls who bugged me for days to try on my state crown and take photos!

My final appearances will be at the 2014 Global United Pageant in Minneapolis in just a few days! I must say, please consider becoming a delegate in this wonderfully organized, Kids-Cancer National-Platform Pageant.   You’ll never regret the experience and who know?  You may just walk away with the national title and crown, like I did!

I thank God first, and then my family for their support, as I was given this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment