Friday, October 26, 2012

Ms. Global United - Appearances and Updates!


Hi Ladies! WOW! The first few months of my reign have been a blur! I can't tell you how excited I am to be your 2012 Ms. Global United! I had a BLAST at the national pageant ... meeting everyone from around the world was an amazing experience ...one that I will never forget! I especially want to thank my mom for making the trip to MN with me. I was so proud of her for competing and I can't wait to see what next year will bring for her. Thank you for always cheering me on mom! Now it's my turn to be your number one fan! There are so many things that I want to accomplish during my reign I didn't know where to begin. I can't believe how fast the time has gone already! I'm feeling pretty proud in all that I have accomplished in such a short amount of time! Upon arriving home I finished up my school supply drive and food drive collections for the Salvation Army ... We collected SO MUCH stuff to donate to low income families in my area! I am so thankful to work at such an amazing place - Anytime Fitness - They allow me the creativity and freedom to make up and choose events that are special to me. We collected so much that we even made the local paper! A huge thank you to all my members! September was obviously Children's Cancer Awareness month ...so I requested a HUGE bin a goodies from Linda at Isaac’s Journey. She sent me cookbooks, magnets, pins, pens, and cookie cutters to sell throughout my year ... I want to raise as much awareness and money as possible for such a worthy organization. My mom and I have already gotten started on the fundraising and I am proud to say that we are well on our way to our goal! I also did a collection drive at work ... 16 surrounding Anytime Fitness locations put out collection boxes and posters in their clubs ... the donations are STILL coming in but I am happy to report that we have collected over 6 bins of toys, crayons, coloring books, stuffed animals, etc. for nearby Children's Hospitals. I can't wait to post pictures! In September I had the opportunity to participate in the Bridal Elegance Fashion Show in Ottawa IL. Pageant girls from all over came to attend the workshops, seminars, and watch the latest fashions from Bridal Elegance in their fashion show. It's the biggest Prom and Pageant store in our area and we even had the chance to meet and take photos with Miss USA! What an honor to be asked to be in the fashion show with MISS USA!! I was thrilled especially since there were only a handful of models there. What an honor ... and Miss USA?? What a doll! I absolutely LOVE her! Make sure to wish her luck and cheer her on at the Miss Universe pageant December 19th! October is obviously Breast Cancer Awareness month so I am representing by wearing as much PINK as possible. My gym and its members are even getting involved too! My mom and I did a 5K walk in Green Bay and then hit up the local iHop to warm up! It was a rainy chilly day but SUCH a great cause :) Last week my friend Saryna came up from IL to visit and we attended the local Humane Society walk and fundraiser with my little puppy Tucker. All the dogs were dressed up in Halloween costumes. SO CUTE! My little boy had a great time playing and sniffing all his new friends. :) We have a few more events coming up in the near future... so I'll be updating you again soon ... Can't wait for Halloween next week ... My mom and I will be doing "Trunk or Treating" in Green Bay ... Wait til you see my costume! Until next time, Lots of LOVE and RHINESTONES! XOXO Autumn Kastein Ms. Global United 2012 PS Don’t forget to “like” my facebook page! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGlassSlipperPageantResaleShop/430487690342633/?comment_id=430552387002830&ref=notif¬if_t=group_comment#!/MsGlobalUnited201213?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment